Selby Leisure Services are committed to providing access to our facilities for all age groups and abilities.
We aim to offer something for everyone and will be happy to provide information and advice on our range of activiities and which activities may be most suited to you.
We are able to offer a range of activities for our disabled customers. To increase convenience for our disabled users at the Abbey Leisure Centre facility we also provide:
- Spacious reserved parking adjacent to the front entrance
- Wheelchair entry and access at the main entrance
- Customer lift to our first floor facilities
- Private disabled changing facilities with seated showers
- A pool hoist and chair providing access to the pool. All lifegaurds are trained to use the hoist and will be happy to assist entry to the pool
- A range of our fitness equipment is suited to wheelchair use and our fitness team will happy to look at a fitness programme to suit your needs
The centre also welcomes guide dogs and can provide a quiet, secure area for guide dogs adjacent to the pool facility.
Carers or those accompanying disabled users are also entitled to free access to our facilities.
A number of disability groups operate clubs and activity sessions using the Abbey Leisure Centre facilities.
Selby Leisure Services, Sports and Physical Activity Inclusion Officer, James Chapman, is happy to answer any questions you may have regarding access to our facilities or activities provided in the Selby District. James can be contacted on (01757) 213758. E-mail: email@example.com