Our Customer Care Policy
The Trust aims to provide the best possible services to our customers.
To help achieve this we will:
- Treat you as an individual who has a right to be treated with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- Ensure our services are easily accessible to all our customers and available when people need to access them.
- Be sensitive to your needs and do our best to ensure you can make the best use of our services.
- Respond to your requests fairly, quickly and sensitively.
- Treat all matters confidentially.
- Tell you what we provide and what you can expect to receive.
- Tell you if we need anything from you to respond to your request.
- Provide up to date and accurate information.
- Try to get things right first time and to apologise and attempt to put things right if we don’t.
- Enable you to tell us what you think of our services and to use this information to continuously develop and improve.
We recognise that we rely on our staff to deliver our services and we are committed to investing in them to ensure they are appropriately trained. We will ensure our staff treat every customer with respect, courtesy and understanding.
We are trying to ensure that a person is not denied access to any building because of a disability. Improvements have already been made to some of our facilities and we will continue to build on this work where possible.
How we communicate
We want to make every contact a positive experience for our customers.
If you visit us:
- Our reception areas will be welcoming and accessible.
- Information displayed in reception areas will be up to date and accessible.
- Reception staff will wear name badges.
- They will deal with your enquiry as soon as possible.
- If there is a delay in dealing with your enquiry, you will be given an explanation for that delay.
If you write to us:
- We will answer all enquiries by letter, fax or e-mail within 10 working days of receipt.
- If we cannot answer your enquiry within 10 days we will contact you to explain why the reply will take longer and when you can expect a response. With complex enquiries the response may take longer but an explanation as to why will be given.
- We will use plain language in all our responses.
- We will give you a name and contact details for the person dealing with your enquiry.
Our Head Office address is:
Wigan Leisure and Culture Trust
The Indoor Sports Centre
If you telephone us:
- We will answer all calls within 20 seconds of the first ring.
- We will answer politely, (good morning/afternoon) then give the name of our organisation (Abbey/Tadcaster Leisure Centre) and give our name.
- If your enquiry will take some time, we will take your number and ring you back.
- If we are unable to answer your enquiry we will try to direct your call to someone who can help.
- If you need to speak to someone else we will make sure you are connected to them.
- Our main enquiry line is 01757 213758. The direct line for a particular service will usually be included in any letter you may have received from them.
Giving us Feedback
We aim to communicate clearly and openly with you and we welcome your feedback. We would like to know when you think we have got things right, and also when you think we have got things wrong. We accept that mistakes will be made and that we will occasionally fall below our service standards. In order to ensure that services are being provided effectively we have a formal complaints procedure.
What is a Complaint?
A complaint is necessary when:
- the Trust fails to do something that we promised to do
- the Trust has done something badly or wrong
- you feel you have been treated unfairly or impolitely
- the Trust fails to respond properly to a service request or complaint.
Comments and Compliments
We also welcome positive comments which provide us with feedback on our services and help us to focus on the right services. We have an online comments form which you can complete. Alternatively, you can telephone or write to us, either by letter or e-mail.
To write to management at Selby Leisure please address to:
Leisure Services Manager
Abbey Leisure Centre
Telephone (01757) 213758
When completing the online form please state if your feedback is regarding the Abbey or Tadcaster Leisure Centre.